Monday, April 16, 2012

Lady Lilacs


This post comes a little late, but I thought I would post it anyway. Easter Sunday the lilacs were in full bloom and their scent was too invigorating not to use for our center piece. Our table was simple, with mixed and matched ironstone plates. They are my favorite, they go with anything and are timeless. We used my Great Aunt's set of silverware. I love holidays and special occasions when we put them to use.








This salt and pepper set also belonged to my great aunt and gets daily use. I have always loved this color of green but since they have been passed through the family they mean more. Clearly you can see where my antiquing genes come from!








A few years back my mom and I were at a flea market and ran into a guy who was selling pieces from an old church that was being torn down. We ended up getting this rosary votive holder and a matching pulpit. We use it all the time.

Especially during storms.
I don't know if that's because its religious or because it holds so many candles...
Either way I love it.
It's different.
How many other people have one like it?
Very few.


I'm working on another post from the weekend. I went up north for a friend's wedding. I can't wait to share!



No comments:

Post a Comment