Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Beach to the South


I've finally put together the second installment of my Miami pictures. On my second day of being in the sunshine state I ventured out to meet up with my Aunt. Ironically my mom was visiting in another part of the state so they made of day trip of it by driving down to see me. I loved the shores of South Beach and wish I had been able to spend more time there. The vibe is much different than the rest of the city. The architecture is very reminiscent of Cuba and has been restored beautifully. Together we spent the day on the porch of a crab shack catching up and drinking some refreshing margaritas.

This was a very special trip because the last time I was with my aunt she was pre-hip replacement. During the last 2 years she has undergone a huge transformation and is able to be much more mobile. It was such a refreshing sight to see her without her canes and honestly it was a miracle at how well she was walking. I am extremely proud of all her hard work and it was really an amazing day for the 3 of us to walk on the beach and get her toes in the sand. I know she never would have dreamed of being able to touch the ocean. It was a beautiful moment and I am really thrilled I was able to be there with her.

IMG_4830


IMG_4828


IMG_4822


IMG_4811


IMG_4813


IMG_4806


IMG_4798


IMG_4794


IMG_4793


IMG_4790


IMG_4788


IMG_4786


IMG_4772


IMG_4766


IMG_4767
Thanks for the visit, it was a beautiful day and I couldn't have asked for better company! 





No comments:

Post a Comment