Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm Still Here.

IMG_4713

IMG_4712

IMG_4734

IMG_4733

IMG_4719

IMG_4716

IMG_4724

IMG_4731

IMG_0864

IMG_0877

IMG_0865

IMG_0866

IMG_0870

IMG_0765

IMG_0846

The past couple of months have been a whirlwind. I stopped blogging, I stopped taking photos. I stopped doing a lot of things I loved. So here I am trying to restart blogging, 7 months later. Hopefully you've still stuck around. Life has taken me on a roller coaster ride. Here's a little catchup from the holidays and using my juicer! Nothing is sweeter than a fresh glass of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice! Check out my new unexpected purchase.... isn't she pretty? 

A dream of mine has always been to own a vintage Airstream Camper. While I was in Michigan at the end of September I stumbled across this Little Gem at an estate sale. What first started as a weekend of bike riding quickly turned into "how the heck do we get this thing home." The Gem had been parked in the back yard for over 15 years which meant the tires and bearings were in no condition to make the drive back to Illinois. With help from my trusty travel companions we were able to de-attach the bike rack and hitch up the Gem. The 4 miles we traveled to town of a thousand was certainly interesting considering we would be clogging their main drag on a day when over 6,000 make their way to town.  Most people don't take too kindly to a camper being hauled at 20 miles an hour. We dropped the camper off, enjoyed the rest of our weekend in town, and on Sunday we completed a 75 mile bike ride before returning home, without the camper. A month and half later she made her way down to Illinois. The Little Gem needs a lot of work but the first step was to clean out years of garden storage! Once the weather warms I will begin the journey to bring her back to life!

It feels good to be back! I promise to get back into the swing of things and keep you updated!

Cheers to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment