Tuesday, April 24, 2012

walk in the park


We had a family outing at the park today.
Even Dad made an appearance..
It was a big deal.
Plus Jack was well behaved.

This was the first time in a long time I can remember us doing something like this as a family. It was really refreshing. We need to head outside to play more often. With all the fresh air I know we will have sweet dreams tonight.



Today I walked in the same footsteps I did more than 10 years ago.  Mom photographed me in the same location with my first pup Toby. So many things have changed since then. Toby is no longer with us and  looking back I had no idea where I would be now. I was just concentrating on finishing grade school and moving on to high school. Here I stand all grown up, a college graduate.  Just yesterday I accepted my first big girl job. I hold the future in the palm of my hand.

I'm going to have to do some digging and find the other photo.

Dad surprised us and made an appearance. He walked with us awhile but came back to the car to wait for us while we finished exploring the rest of the park.


 Jack has grown up so quickly. I still can't believe he is almost 9 months old. Today we let him have free rein of the backseat, crate-less. Surprisingly he very well behaved and even napped on the way home. Once we returned home, I noticed the peonies will be blooming in a couple of days. They are one of my favorites, minus the ants.

You'll be sure to see some here on the blog. Peonies, not ants.


No comments:

Post a Comment