Wednesday, April 4, 2012

poop slingin' son of a guns

I've recovered!

Recovered from a case of lazy blogger.

In lieu of my posting, I've gotten reconnected with my roots. Way back when I had a horse, which meant it was my responsibility to muck out his stall and dump wheelbarrows full of manure.

Growing up I was always enlisted to help in the garden and pull weeds. As I've gotten older my hate for gardening has grown. My reasoning is I want to do it on my own terms.. Occasionally I will get over it and help out. Mom wrangled me into helping her start a new raised garden. A friend let her have all the manure she wanted, which meant she needed help spreading it. Jack could't have been more excited.

He may be a standard poodle.

BUT. That doesn't mean he doesn't love horse manure.

In fact, HE LOVES IT!!!

He loves eating it.

He loves walking in it.

He loves playing in it.

He loves laying in it.

Classy, I know.



Leader of the manure project and her charge.

Evidence of manure eating.



Box of Manure.

It does have an appealing look, right?



Mmmmmmm, manure tongue and all!

Perched on his pile. Proud of all his work!


The dandies are out. 

They are everywhere! 

Just a constant reminder that summer will be here before we know it!



Isn't this the neatest thing you've ever seen! A pair of these extra large turtles were mating near my house! He may look small but he was not. I'm guessing about 20 pounds and as round as a steering wheel!

Seeing wildlife like this makes me love nature.

Makes me love living in the country.

Where in the city would you see a massive turtle?





Lastly, I've been on a kale kick. I put it in everything! My newest recipe you need to try is kale chips. Wash kale and cut out the stem. Sprinkle with olive oil, garlic powder and pepper or season to taste. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake about 15 minutes. Flip and cook until crispy. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment