Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tour de Midwest:: Stage 2

After a quick weekend up north I had a short turn around before I was headed back to my alma mater to visit my grandmother. I had an opportunity to catch up with a few old friends before I headed to Kentucky to catch up with my cousin Amy and her roommate Kelly. It just so happens this leg of the trip would change my life. Kelly had taken her dog Bela for a walk when a stray followed them home. She returned the dog to its fenced in yard where she preceded escaping again. Fearful she would get hit by a car she brought the stray dog home and called the owner. The owner had taken her from a friend who was moving into a new place that did not except dogs. Long story short, her new owner was not a nice man and she came to live with us for a few days. During those couple of days she won our hearts and before I knew it she was packed up in the car with the rest of my belongings headed home to Champaign. Say hello to Miss Molly!!

Kelly and I ventured west to catch up with my auntie and uncle. We visited for a short while over bbq and black cobbler. My aunt's gardens are beautiful and we had the opportunity to harvest some lavender! Lavender is one of my favorite scents!!! I'll let the photos speak for themselves!

IMG_5644

IMG_5635

IMG_5639
IMG_5645

IMG_5646

IMG_5650

IMG_5656

IMG_5657

IMG_5661

IMG_5664

IMG_5667

IMG_5669
How could anyone pass up this brown eyed beauty?
IMG_5674

IMG_5676

IMG_5677

IMG_5679

IMG_5682

IMG_5683

IMG_5687

IMG_5688


No comments:

Post a Comment