Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pinned the Tail on the Donkey

The topic of day 4 of Blog Every Day in May is name your favorite quote and what you love about it. I could go on and on about some of my favorite quotes so today I will share my favorite quote that applies to me right now. A few months ago I went to Barnes & Noble, I was searching for a photography book and wandered my way into the life coaching books. Usually I steer clear of this section, it sort of freaks me out but on this particular day I was soul searching. As I scanned the book shelves, a book title really stood out to me, Stand Up for Your Life. I picked it up, briefly flipping through the pages. I couldn't get enough. I had to sit down. I read a good part of it for over an hour. At the time I was having a lot doubts about what my purpose was, where my life was headed, was I using my talents to their best abilities. For the longest time I was trying to find a way to sum it up, figure out how I was feeling, and finding a way to describe it. It was then I came apron these words that the skies parted ways and I had an AHA moment:

Heavier


Those 8 words provided me with a moment of relief and an overwhelming amount of emotion. I am still trying to wrap my head around those words. It's so true though, the weight of potential is enormous. SO many people have it but have no idea what to do with it, myself included. Until you find what it is your excel at and a way to use it, you bear the weight on your shoulders.  Potential is only potential, it is such a blessing if you put it to work but until you do something with it, it is a complete waste. I have been blessed to have many different talents but I am not using them to my best of my abilities. I bear the weight of wasting them every day, selling myself short. I need to take a chance, a leap of faith and do what I know I was meant to do.


So there you have it. My favorite quote. My biggest fear.



1 comment:

  1. Why would you want to find something you excel at? Would you not rather find something you love?

    ReplyDelete