Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Coconut+Cream

Lately I've been having a problem controlling myself when it comes to sweets. Shame on me! For some reason or another I make s'mores in the micro, ALL THE TIME! I was growing tired of my staple s'more and thought Father's Day would be the perfect time to bring out my fool proof coconut cream cake. It's one of the easiest cakes to throw together and tastes delicious. If I'd let myself, I could eat the whole thing. Don't judge me. 

Go out buy the ingredients and make it. You won't regret it! I promise!


IMG_4044
Here's what you'll need:

white boxed cake and the listed ingredients
coconut milk (I used light to save on the sugar content)
sweetened coconut flakes
sweetened condensed milk
fat free or light cool whip


Bake the boxed cake as the directions prescribe. Wait for it to cool to room temperature. Take a carving folk or a something that has hole poking abilities and poke holes into the entire cake. 
IMG_4054
IMG_4056
The cake should look something like this when you are done with the hole poking.
IMG_4059
Now it't time to mix together the coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk. Once you've finished stirring, drizzle over the entire cake, starting in the middle. (Don't be like me and start on the edges, eventually it makes its way to the corners)
IMG_4057
IMG_4060
IMG_4062
IMG_4063

IMG_4063
Once you've poured the entire bowl of creamy goodness over the cake, let it soak in. I ended up laddling the excess on the edges into the middle. Next spread the entire container of cool whip over the cake. Layer the coconut flakes on top. I like it to be fully covered, it's your preference. Cover and let it chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.

The longer in marinates the better it tastes!! Enjoy my friends. A quick, delicious, cool summer treat!!

IMG_4068

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I love coconut but have never made a coconut cake before...probably because Scott doesn't like coconut very much so I'd end up eating the whole thing myself (see you're not alone Rachel!) I will have to try this at least once this summer!
    ps I like this step by step pictures a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops-the step by step pictures....not this hehe

    ReplyDelete